Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Hitch-hikers and the homeless...

  1. #11
    Inactive Member DJP's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2009
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hitch-hikers and the homeless...

    No way in the world i would let a total stranger in my vehicle, esp if fam was along. just too much crazy **** these days, people that are actually that low don't have much to lose, you could be playing a lotery with your life of which one is the most desperate

    the **** if im going down like that
    Gate City: 16 State Championships in the 2000s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Tucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2009
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hitch-hikers and the homeless...

    I never pick up hitch-hikers I'm afraid they will chop me up and put me in a bag. We were at the beach and the kids found a homeless man sleeping at the edge of our deck entrance. They bought him some food and took him a coke. We had hung some swimming trunks and towels on the balcony to dry, they blew down on the pool area. He jumped up grabbed them and rode off on his bike. The kids could'nt believe he did that after they were so nice to him. Later that week we seen him riding around with thoes trunks on . It was a funny sight. I do give money to groups and organizations that help the homeless. I'm a little leary of the people holding up signs. I've actually seen people I know and they were'nt homeless just bumming.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hitch-hikers and the homeless...

    Tucky was it Myrtle Beach. Ive noticed in the last 10 yrs you can find a bunch of homeless people that are probably under 35 that start loitering around dark at the motels. I guess they hang out to scavenge stuff.
    GO VOLS

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Tucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2009
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hitch-hikers and the homeless...

    No,it was Daytona Beach

  5. #15
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hitch-hikers and the homeless...

    MB is getting bad for vagrants. Id give the shirt off my back to help someone. If you can afford metal in your lips then I aint feeding you
    GO VOLS

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hitch-hikers and the homeless...

    I have picked up hitch hikers, I dont see that many of em around here to be honest.

    The last one I picked up was an older black man, hobbling along towards Appalachia on crutches with one leg. It was raining, and he was barely past Pizza Hut, so I stopped and took him to Appalachia. I had a person in the car with me, so I thought we were safe.

    Ive stopped and picked up a local guy who walks around some, some know him he is mentally challenged but is a good person, so if I see him walking somewhere I usually offer a ride.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hitch-hikers and the homeless...

    i carry a gun, i give anybody a ride that wants to ride with me. as for homeless people, i lived in johnson city and there was a guy that would always sit outside of bars/clubs playing his guitar, i talked to him a lot and he said the only things he had left were his guitar and voice. i swear he could have gotten a record contract the dude was awesome. he never took money but asked for food and drink occasionally.
    Cant we all just get along?

  8. #18
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hitch-hikers and the homeless...

    Saw a guy at the stop sign near Wal-mart in BSG a couple of years ago with a sign saying, "Hungry, will work for food or gas". I went to Food Lion and bought some groceries to give to him on the way back down the hill. When I got back to give him the groceries, he got mad and said he only wanted the money. So I don't give to "pan-handlers" any more.

    Hitch-hikers ? I pick them up most of the time around here, if they are not carrying all their belongings with them.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hitch-hikers and the homeless...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    i carry a gun, i give anybody a ride that wants to ride with me. as for homeless people, i lived in johnson city and there was a guy that would always sit outside of bars/clubs playing his guitar, i talked to him a lot and he said the only things he had left were his guitar and voice. i swear he could have gotten a record contract the dude was awesome. he never took money but asked for food and drink occasionally.
    thats guitar dan. he is always down around capones
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •